Why An Indoor Dog Park
The benefits of our proposed indoor facility are numerous!
- Secure - many dog parks are not completely contained and can’t keep a wandering dog in. The spaces can be so large that a dog can easily go missing while adventuring in a big park.
- Well-lit - winter days can be very short in Canada. Taking a dog to a park after the sun sets can be risky and cold.
- Safe - there will be attendants to monitor the safety of the participants, as well as security cameras.
- Big Dog – Small Dog - lots of small dogs don’t like or are afraid of big dogs and vice versa. There will be separate areas for small dogs and big dogs so owners don’t have to worry.
- Well-equipped - there will be lots of equipment and toys for dogs to focus on thus eliminating the complete focus of dogs on dogs that happens at off-leash parks, often resulting in dogs fighting. The dogs can focus on other dogs but also on sense stimulation and play with toys and equipment they don’t have at home.
- Stable Temperature - Our weather can change quickly. Patrons of an indoor park never have to worry about the weather.
- Stable Footing - winter freezing, spring thaws and all other weather-related issues bring unstable paths. Trying to manage a dog and yourself can be difficult in off-leash parks. This is particularly troublesome for people with young children in strollers, as well as seniors.
- Social - like dogs, people are social animals. Striking up conversations and friendships can be cumbersome in a dog park. We envision a place where the dogs are set off into the arena while pet owners can relax and visit with other like-minded people knowing that their dog is happy, safe and entertained and within their sight.
- Clean - we pick up the poop. Our indoor facility will offer clean facilities, thus eliminating mud tracking or needing a bath once the dog gets home.
- Community - our first facility will be in Calgary, which has a large dog community. We envision expanding and educating that community with a workshop area for demonstrations with pet first aid, RCMP Canines, trainers, search and rescue and more.
- Education -We will offer tips for training and behaviour concerns.
- A Breed Of The Month - we will inform people of different breeds and their characteristics. This may help with their own breed selection or to help them better understand other breeds that they encounter on their walks. Owners with that breed will get a discount for the month.
We plan to eventually open several such facilities throughout Canada. Our first focus is on Calgary as the site of the first of many locations.